How do I find the best Texas insurance agent?
Whether you’re buying a policy for the first time or shopping for a better deal, choosing an agent or company can seem overwhelming. But we can help
1. What are my options?
You can buy an insurance policy from an agent, broker, or directly from a company.
· Captive agents work for an insurance company. They only sell policies from that company.
· Brokers and independent agents sell insurance for multiple companies.
You can also buy a policy directly from some companies over the phone or on the internet.
2. How do I choose an agent or company?
Ask friends and family if they have a company or agent they like. You also can check online for consumer reviews to make sure a company pays claims on time and provides good service.
Make sure the agent or company is licensed by TDI. It’s against the law to sell insurance without a license. An unlicensed company might not pay your claim.
· If a company or agent is licensed by TDI.
· If a company or agent has positive Google or other reviews
· How many complaints have been filed against a company or agent.
· If TDI has taken any disciplinary actions against them.
3. What red flags should I look out for?
· Someone calling you unsolicited or using high-pressure sales tactics.
· Prices for insurance that are abnormally much lower than you’ve seen elsewhere.
· Anyone asking you to pay in cash or to sign a contract with blanks.