TX Home Insurance – What is Other Structures Coverage?

Other Structures Coverage (Coverage B) is the portion of your home insurance policy that covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing structures on your property other than your home if they’re damaged because of a covered peril such as fire, wind, or hail. This includes detached garages, sheds, and other detached buildings on your property – even fences – that may become damaged by a named peril.

Typically, a standard home insurance policy will provide 10% of the total dwelling coverage as protection for additional structures. For example, if you have $100,000 worth of coverage for the structure of your home, your policy would include $10,000 of coverage for other structures.

If you have more than one detached building on your property or an updated garage, you may need additional coverage above and beyond the standard 10%. Talk to a home insurance agent about scheduling an endorsement, which could raise your policy limits for your Other Structures protection.

Reduce your risk of Other Structures claims

For additional questions about home insurance or Other Structures coverage, you can take one of the following steps.  Call an agent directly at 1-800-253-1482

Standard home insurance coverages

Your home insurance protection presents a total package, not just dwelling coverage. Home insurance is more than a sum of its parts, but understanding those parts can help you get the best whole product. These coverage types typically are included in a standard policy:

Contact Us

Freedom Insurance Group
3861 Long Prairie Rd Ste 110
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Phone: (972) 798-3769


M-F: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
SAT: 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
SUN: closed