Average Fort Worth, TX Homeowners Insurance Cost
In Fort Worth, TX the standard cost for homeowner’s insurance is about $1,552 a year. At Freedom Insurance Group, our clients see a significant saving each year on their home insurance.
|Coverage Level||Average Annual Rate|
*Information retrieved from the Texas Department of Insurance from Help Insure and averaged with internal data
Fort Worth, TX Auto and Homeowners Insurance Bundling Discounts Average rates
|Place||1 Car Bundle Savings On Insurance||2 Car Bundle Savings On Insurance||3 Car Bundle Savings On Insurance|
|Fort Worth, Texas||$167||$221||$331|
Most companies consider these things when deciding on your premium:
- Your home’s age and condition. Companies can’t turn you down just because of your home’s age or value, but they can charge you more.
- Your home’s replacement cost. Houses with higher replacement costs have higher premiums.
- Construction materials. Premiums are higher for houses built completely of wood. They’re lower for houses built of brick or stone.
- Where you live. Premiums are higher in areas that have more storms or crime.
- Availability of local fire protection. Premiums are lower for houses that are close to fire stations.
- Your claims history. Your premiums might be higher if you’ve had claims in the past.
- Your insurance score. Some companies use your credit score to decide what to charge you. Your premiums will be lower if you have good credit.
|Home Discount Name||Home Discount Description||Discount Amount|
|New Home||New Construction Recently Purchased||up to 40%|
|Age of home||5 Years Old||up to 26%|
|Bundle||Home And Auto||up to 25%|
|Upgrades||Electrical, plumbing, heating, roof full updates||up to 20%|
|Age of home||10 Years Old||up to 13%|
|Construction type||Fire Resistive||up to 11%|
|Advance Purchase||7 Days Advance Purchase||up to 8%|
|Loyalty||10+ Years Renewal||up to 8%|
|Construction type||Masonry||up to 7%|
|Paid in Full||Paid in Full||up to 7%|
|Loyalty||5 Years Renewal||up to 6%|
|Fire Sprinklers||Sprinklers||up to 9%|
|Claims Free||5 Year Claims Free||up to 5%|
|Claims Free||10+ Year Claims Free||up to 5%|
|Hail Resitant Roof||Hail Resistant Roof (class 1,2,3,4)||up to 12%|
|Loyalty||3 Years Renewal||up to 5%|
|Fire Alarm||Central Station||up to 2%|
|Gated Community||With Patrol||up to 2%|
|Burglar Alarm||Police Department||up to 4%|
|Burglar Alarm||Central Station||up to 4%|
|Age of home||15 Years Old||up to 4%|
|Water Safety System||Water Leak Detection – Shut Off And Alarm||up to 4%|
|Water Safety System||Water Leak Detection – Shut Off||up to 3%|
|Gated Community||Without Patrol||up to 2%|
|Water Safety System||Water Leak Detection – Alarm||up to 3%|
|Automatic payments||Electronic Fund Transfer||up to 3%|
|Burglar Alarm||Local||up to 1%|
|Fire Alarm||Local||up to 1%|
|Age of home||20 Years Old||up to 2%|
|Smoke Detector||Smoke Detector||up to 1%|
|Fire Extinguisher||Fire Extinguisher||up to 1%|
|Storm Shutter||Storm Shutters||up to 1%|
|Deadbolt||Deadbolt||up to 1%|
What does the standard Home Insurance Policy in Fort Worth, TX Include?
Homeowners insurance offers coverages with the goal of protecting your home, personal belongings, and your liability in case your home becomes damaged to a peril/loss including a visitor’s medical fee, fire, robbery /vandalism, etc. Policies vary, but take a look at some of the most usual coverage choices below:
- Dwelling Coverage (A): this protects your home’s physical structure, for instance, your home’s foundation, roof, and walls. It can even protect structures that are linked to your home such as a deck, detached garage, or patio. Dwelling coverage is an important coverage for homeowner’s insurance.
- Other Structures Coverage (B): whereas the principal structure of your home is covered by dwelling coverage, structures that are not linked to your home will require other structures coverage to stay protected. This encloses decks, detached garages, sheds/shops, etc.
- Personal Property Coverage (C): protects against damaged personal possessions that happen from particular perils including fires, theft, or vandalism. Each policy differs and what is or isn’t covered will depend on your insurance company. For more costly objects such as art or jewelry, you may need extended coverage options.
- Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses Coverage (D): should a covered peril generate a circumstance in which your home is unlivable, this coverage aids you pay for where you temporarily live while waiting for your home to be rebuilt to a habitable state.
- Personal Liability Coverage (E): this coverage is to protect homeowners against possible medical expenses that can accumulate should a visiting party become injured on your property and you are found responsible. Personal liability coverage can also cover possible legal fees related with the injury.
- Medical Expenses Coverage (F): within your homeowner’s insurance policy, it helps to cover the essential medical bills of a guest in your home should they become hurt while visiting your property. Medical expenses coverage can even help balance costs if you are not responsible.
Supplementing Your Ft Worth Homeowners Insurance Policy
There are several perils your home may face that aren’t covered by your standard home insurance policy. Through endorsements, additional coverage options, and changing your homeowners insurance policy, you can gain even more protection. Take a closer look at some of the options you have when searching for additional protection and speak with an agent to find the best options for your needs:
- Flood Insurance- Floods continue to devastate cities across Texas and the United States and you may be surprised to learn that flood damage is not covered by your homeowners insurance. The Dallas, TX, region has a moderate risk of flooding over the next 30 years according to Flood Factor making it a threat to residents in the area. As many as 1 in 4 flood claims come from homeowners who live outside of high-risk areas. Adding flood insurance helps protect against a common threat to your home by helping you restore flood-related losses.
- Umbrella Insurance- Liability protection is important for every homeowner but for those with more to lose, it is a critical component. In the event of a lawsuit, your assets could become vulnerable without the right protections in place. Avoid losing what you’ve worked hard for by purchasing umbrella insurance that can cover your valuables after you’ve reached your policy limits.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage- Your homeowners insurance policy will protect your personal belongings, but there are policy limits. If you are looking to protect valuables like jewelry and fine art with values that exceed your coverage, this endorsement can help protect your high value or unique items
- Extended Replacement Cost- Although not all losses are completely devastating, some are and can exceed the amount of coverage you have for your home. For example, one of the rarest perils a homeowner may face is also the most expensive, a house fire. If you suffer a total loss and require replacing your possessions and rebuilding your home, extended replacement cost coverage can help you cover losses outside of your homeowners insurance’s coverage.
The Secrets to Saving on Home Insurance
If you’re a homeowner, chances are you’re going to want to save money on your home insurance policy. A home is your shelter and your investment. Putting a significant amount of money into your home is a great financial move, but you’ll also need to protect your interest. Home insurance policies differ from homeowner to homeowner. This is due to several reasons including your coverage needs, personal factors which affect your premium, and characteristics of your home, just to name a few. But saving on a home insurance policy is the shared dream of all homeowners. Your dream can be a reality through these easy to follow tips:
- Compare your rates among a variety of insurance brands. Each insurance brand will assess your risk differently which leads to differing insurance premiums. By shopping around you can find the right company for your needs.
- Bundling: your home insurance policy with your auto insurance
- Increase your deductible for a lower home insurance premium.
- Install improvements to your home that increase its ability to sustain natural disasters, prevent crime, or keep your household safe. (Examples: Hurricane grade storm shutters, security systems, a fire alarm system with sprinklers, etc.)
- Loyalty discounts: Customers who stay with the same insurance company for a long time are rewarded with discounts.
- Near a fire hydrant/fire station: The closer you are to a fire hydrant and also the fire station, the faster fires can be put out, earning you a discount.
- New home: New homes typically are built with stronger safety innovations, making claims less costly.
- High-quality roof: Hail and wind damage are among the top reasons homeowners file a claim. A sturdy roof can lower your premiums. (Of course, it lowers your heating bill and looks nice, too. Sweet!)
- Tidy yard: When insurance reps visit your property, they like to see it looking spiffy. Neatly trimmed grass, shrubs, and trees lower fire risk and show the insurance company that you care about your property. Discount!
- Avoid recreational hazards: A home without a pool or trampoline is at much less of a risk of a claim, earning you a discount on your coverage.
There are plenty of ways to save money on your policy and seeing as every homeowner needs this protection, it only makes sense to receive it at the lowest rate. Texas has some of the highest home insurance rates in the country making it imperative for homeowners to take the necessary steps to save money. Shop around, bundle when you can, and do your part in protecting your home for the best results.
What are the most frequent claims related to Home Insurance filed in Fort Worth, TX?
It’s vital to comprehend how much coverage you have so you can evade paying out of pocket for damages. The three most commonly filed claims in Fort Worth, TX are:
1. Wind and hail loss
2. Water and freezing loss
3. Theft and burglary
Hail/Windstorm loss: Weather events, such as hail, wind damage and hurricanes, are extremely destructive to your home and without the correct coverage, you can accumulate a costly bill. At Freedom Insurance Group, we protect our Fort Worth customers which is why we include a 1% hail/wind deductible into every policy we quote.
Water and Freezing Damage: Water loss due to plumbing matters or frozen pipes is the second most filed claim in Dallas, and the third most filed claim in the U.S., with about 2 in 48 U.S. dwellings filing a claim yearly. For water backup protection, you’ll require a dwelling insurance policy add-on that’s recognized as water backup coverage. It’s about $50-$250 per year contingent on how much coverage you require, with safety initiating at $4,000.
Theft: The rate of robbery in Fort Worth, Texas is 3,970 per 17,303 inhabitants during an average year. In case you encounter robbery, your home insurance policy will safeguard your personal possessions, but only up to a specific limit. If you have valuables that surpass those limits you will need to consider buying scheduled personal property coverage or some other form of lengthy protection so you can safeguard your valuable items are covered.
About Freedom Insurance Group
Established in Texas, Freedom Insurance Group is different from other insurance companies by producing an improved experience for our clients. We know that our clients don’t want to waste their time replying to long questionnaires or on the phone talking to agents only to take several days to receive a quote. At Freedom Insurance Group, all we need is your address and basic personal information and we can provide to you a customized quote in no time! From there, your committed agent will customize your quote by contrasting your policy through more than 30+ Premiere insurance companies, while construing your coverage to meet your necessities at a rate that fits your financial plan. This generates an ideal balanced quote in both worth and coverage. Our outstanding customer service experience doesn’t stop there; we also oversee the complete process with your home mortgage from beginning to end for a hassle-free home insurance experience. Shopping for home insurance Fort Worth, TX has never been simpler.
Freedom Insurance Group is Fort Worth’s Finest Home Insurance Provider
Fort Worth is the fifth-largest city in Texas and the 13th-largest city in the US. Its the county seat of Tarrant County, extending closely to 349 square miles into four other counties: Denton, Parker, Wise, and Johnson. Fort Worth was named for Major General William Jenkins Worth, commander of the US troops in 1849. Presently, Fort Worth offers a lively and welcoming ambiance and is home based to world-class galleries, live music and quality in dining and resturants. Freedom Insurance Group is honored in being the main insurance provider to Fort Worth dwellers!
When Fort Worth homeowners are in search of quality Homeowners insurance, coverages and rates, they shop with us at Freedom Insurance Group. We shop 30 different top-rated carries and find the best option for you. We also answer all you question in English and Spanish. A Texan owned and independent agency, Freedom Insurance Group accomplishes business for residents in Fort Worth, TX, daily through our great bilingual customer service and wide business knowledge.
Freedom Insures auto & home insurance in the following Fort Worth Texas zip codes
76101, 76102, 76103, 76104, 76105, 76106, 76107, 76108, 76109, 76110, 76111, 76112, 76113, 76114, 76115, 76116, 76118, 76119, 76120, 76121, 76122, 76123, 76124, 76126, 76129, 76130, 76131, 76132, 76133, 76134, 76135, 76136, 76137, 76140, 76147, 76148, 76150, 76155, 76161, 76162, 76163, 76164, 76177, 76178, 76179, 76181, 76185, 76191, 76192, 76193, 76195, 76196, 76197, 76198, 76199
|Arbor Hill||Quail Grove||Ascend at Watson Creek|
|Blake Meadows||Ranchette Estates||Brook Meadow|
|Burton Place||Remington Point||Carol Oaks North|
|Carol Oaks||Ridgeview Farms||Chapin Village|
|Cobblestone Square||Rolling Meadows||Chisholm Trail Ranch|
|Cooke’s Meadow Addition||Santa Fe Enclave||Copper Creek|
|Crescent Place||Saratoga||Deer Creek Estates|
|Eastchase||Sendera Ranch||Enclave at Fossil Creek|
|Eastern Hills||Spring Ranch||Fairmount|
|Emory Place||Sterling Creek||Graham Ranch|
|Havenwood Golf Villas||Stone Manor||Harmon Ranch at Presidio West|
|Hidden Meadow||Summerbrook||Heritage Bluffs|
|Kingsbrook Estates||Summerfields||Hideaway Acres|
|Lowery Acres||Tarrant Park Vista||Hutson Oaks|
|Lowery Park||Tehama Ridge||La Frontera|
|Mallard Cove||Timberland||Ladera at Tavolo Park|
|Meadowbrook||Trace Ridge||Lake Vista Ranch|
|Meadowbrook Estates||Valley Brook||Lakes of River Trails|
|Morningside||Valley Ridge||Las Ventanas|
|Oakland Park Heights||Villages of Parkwood Estates||Llano Springs|
|River Bend Estates||Vista Greens||Mayfair Estates|
|Rolling Hills||Vista Meadows||Parkwood Trails|
|Ryanwood||West Fork Ranch||Pheasant Crossing|
|Scenery Hill||Western Meadows||Primrose Crossing at Llano Springs|
|Stair Woods||Willow Ridge Estates||Randol Mill Valley Estates|
|Sunset Oaks||Willow Springs Ranch||Rivercrest|
|The Bluffs||Wilshire Valley||Sanctuary Oaks|
|Waterchase Estates||Arbor Mill Plantation||Sendero Oaks|
|White Lake Hills||Bonita Oaks Estates||Sunset Pointe|
|Whitney Meadows||Boswell Meadows||Tavolo Park|
|Amber Trails||Chapel Hill||Watersbend|
|Ashbriar||Chart House Condos||Wayside|
|Bella Flora||Cheyenne Ridge||Western Ridge|
|Bella Ranch||Club Villa Estates||Whitestone Crest|
|Benbrook Lakeshore Estates||Cottonwood Creek||Whitestone Heights|
|Chapel Creek||Crest Point||Whitestone Ranch|
|Deer Wood Forest||Eagle Mountain Lake Est||Columbus Heights|
|Falcon Ridge||Eagle Ridge||Coventry|
|La Cantera at Team Ranch||Estancia||Creekside Estates|
|Legacy Hilltop||Gleneagles||Fox Run|
|Legacy Square||Greenfield||Garden Springs|
|Legacy Village||Harbour Point||Hanna Ranch|
|Live Oak Creek||Harbour View Estates||Highpoint Hill|
|Lost Creek||Highlands||Hulen Bend Estates|
|Markum Ranch Estates||Innisbrook Place||Hulen Meadow|
|Marys Creek Estates||La Cantera||Matador Ranch|
|Mont Del Estates||Lago Vista at Bonds Ranch||Meadow Creek|
|Mustang Creek||Lake Crest Estates||Mission Ridge Estates|
|Mustang Pointe||Lake Oaks Estates||Oakmont Meadows|
|Palmilla Springs||Lake Shores Acres||Overton|
|Pearl Ranch||LakePointe||Panther Heights|
|Pyramid Acres||Lakeview Terrace||Park Palisades|
|Settlement Plaza||Marine Creek||Parks of Deer Creek|
|Silver Ridge||Meadow Lakes||Parkwood Estates|
|Skyline Ranch||Morgan Creek||Poynter Crossing|
|Tejas Trails||North Beverly Hills Estates||Primrose Crossing|
|Tiffany Gardens||Orchards||Quail Ridge Estates|
|Trail Ridge Estates||Parks at Boat Club||Rainbow Ridge|
|Vista West||Parkview Hills||Ridgeview Estates|
|Western Hills||Pinion Park||Rosemary Ridge|
|Westpoint||Quarter Horse Estates||Southgate|
|Westview||Ranch at Eagle Mountain||Stone Meadow|
|Willow Wood||Resort at Eagle Mountain Lake||Summer Creek Ranch|
|Villages of Woodland Springs||Seville||Sundance Springs|
|Alexandra Meadows||Strawberry Creek Estates||Trail Lake Estates|
|Arcadia Park||Ten Mile Bridge||Villages of Sunset Pointe|
|Bar C Ranch||Terrace Landing||Wedgewood|
|Basswood Village||Turtle Creek Ranch||Wellington Point|
|Bear Creek Vista||Twin Mills||Westhaven|
|Big Bear Creek Meadows||Vista Ranch||Willow Creek|
|Brittany Place||West Fork||Winchester Park|
|Carriage Hills||Westside Acres||Windsor Park|
|Chisholm Ridge||Parkhill Addition||Bellevue|
|Copper Creek D R Horton||Ryan Place||Berkeley|
|Coventry Hills||Sisk Heights Addition||Bluebonnet|
|Crawford Farms||SkyRock Condominiums||Brachman|
|Creekwood||Stonegate Addition||Cantey Place Condominium|
|Crossing At Fossil Creek||Tanglewood||Colonial Hills|
|Dorado Ranch||University Place||Forest Highlands|
|Emerald Park||Westcliff||Forest Park|
|Fossil Creek||Willow Lake||Frisco Railroad|
|Fossil Hill Estates||Windsor Place||Hulen Park Townhome|
|Fossil Park||Huntington Village Homes||King Field Welch|
|Fossil Park Estates||Kingsridge||Lawn Place|
|Glen Mills Village||Liberty Crossing||Magnolia Green Townhome|
|Harmon Ranch||Mc Pherson Ranch||Mistletoe Heights|
|Harriet Creek Ranch||Merwick||Mockingbird Lane|
|Harvest Ridge||Park Bend Estates||Monticello|
|Heritage||Park Glen||Overton Park|
|Parkwood Hill||Prairie Ridge Estates||Park Place|
Freedom Insurance Group is Proud to Serve Ft Worth, Texas
Knowing you’re protected with the right coverages can bring you peace of mind. Finding the right coverages for the lowest price will deliver the protection you deserve while keeping money in your pocket. Freedom Insurance Group understands and helps find homeowners throughout Ft Worth, Texas, the right coverage options for their needs at the lowest cost possible.
We get to know our clients to better understand their needs. Each homeowner’s needs are different and by creating a custom approach to your insurance needs we can prevent gaps in your coverage while saving you the most amount of money.
Our agents work for you by comparing your coverage needs among more than 25 top-rated insurance companies with strong financial ratings and a range of coverage options. By comparing your coverage among multiple brands, we can build a custom coverage option for you and your home that doesn’t break the bank. Contact us today or get a free home insurance quote with only a few clicks of a button.
Freedom Insurance specializes in the following Texas Insurance Services: