Is Texas a good place to live?
The Lone Star State is a large, beautiful state offering some of the most diverse cultures that are celebrated and embraced. There are a lot of people moving to Texas, and living here is pride, unlike any other. Texas has many stunning landscapes, immersive cities, and wonderful people that bring it all together. There are strong economic projections in several fields as well as favorable taxes.
These attractive reasons and more can help explain the increase in residents. When looking at the moving trends for 2022, you can see that Texas ranks high on the list at third enjoying a 15.91% increase in its population. Because of its size, it is reasonable to see that there are many differences among housing markets, but one thing continues to be the trend: the housing market overall is still very hot.
It doesn’t matter if you are looking to relax in the Hill Country or move into the hustle and bustle of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, you’re going to find that many other Americans are looking to move as well. There are competitive market scenarios and finding housing can be a pain if you go in without a game plan. No matter where you are moving from, we have some tips to help you find a home you love and get settled without all of the stress.
Why Is Everyone Moving to Texas?
Many alluring reasons are inspiring people to move to Texas. Here are a few of the main reasons people across the United States are moving to Texas:
- The economy in Texas took a hit because of the COVID-19 pandemic but is still one of the strongest in the nation with a bright outlook. If you are looking to work at a startup, an established Fortune 500 company, a mom-and-pop store, or anything in between, Texas has you covered in a variety of industries.
- Texas is the 19th cheapest state to buy a house in the country. Combined with a strong economy, this makes homeownership a reality for many and can create instant equity for those moving from areas with higher costs of housing.
- Texas doesn’t have a state income tax which means workers keep more of their money away from the government and in their bank accounts.
- There’s also plenty to do. With several major cities featuring modern amenities matched with wide-open spaces to reconnect with nature, no matter your interest there is likely something for you and your family to enjoy.
- The diverse and rich cultures that make this state great continue to be celebrated. Texas falls second only to California for its diversity and with so many moving from California to Texas, this is a trend that may soon tip in favor of the Lone Star State.
Texas living has a lot to offer. The state is comprised of many inspiring communities that help bring people together unlike any other. With plenty of economic advantages and positive outlooks moving forward, Texas is positioned to remain a state that draws the attention of homeowners all over the country.
Moving to Texas: What to Know Before You Go
As you can see, there are no shortages of great reasons to move to Texas. Millions already call this state home and it seems millions more will for decades to come. But if you are planning on making the move, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Make sure you get a real estate agent. The Texas housing market is red hot and competitive. Having an expert on your side can help you understand the type of offer you will need to be in the running and find the home of your dreams.
- While you can do just fine in small areas of big cities, you’re going to want to have a vehicle. Texas is huge and that doesn’t always make it the best place for walking. Combined with a comparative lack of access to public transportation in major cities such as Houston and Dallas, a reliable vehicle is a must.
- Texas is diverse and it is important to understand where you are moving beforehand. Moving to Austin, Texas, is going to give you a much different lifestyle than the coastal vibes of Corpus Christi, Texas, or the blue-collar feel of Midland, TX. Do the research and make the best decision for your lifestyle.
- The Lone Star State is on its own power grid and there are a variety of energy providers. This means that there are plenty of competitive offers from utility companies rather than singular monopolies. Power to Choose allows you to search electric companies in your respective zip code to compare and save money.
- Although the state has no income tax, you should be prepared for some of the highest property taxes in the nation.
- Personal feelings and politics aside, guns are a part of the fabric of Texas. If you are unfamiliar with or uncomfortable with firearms, there are plenty of gun safety classes that could just save your life or that of another.
- We may be known for our BBQ and Tex-Mex, but with a variety of cultures also comes some delicious foods. There are many Asian, Italian, Cajun/Creole, French, South American, etc. flavors waiting to be discovered!
- Depending on where you are moving from, you’re going to need to be prepared for the summer heat. In fact, just be prepared for potential heat all year long. Texas ranks fourth as the hottest state in America and before long your air conditioner is going to be your best friend. You’ll also want to be prepared to potentially evacuate in the summer depending on where you move because with summer heat can also come tropical storms and hurricanes.
Texas continues to thrive and has exciting industries that are investing heavily in innovative solutions that are changing the communities of our state for the better. Moving to Texas is a great way to advance your career, discover new cultures, and enjoy an attractive cost of living.
We Can Help New Texas Homeowners Save
We’re happy to give homeowners tips for moving to Dallas, Texas, but where we truly shine, is helping them save on home insurance. Since 2005, we’ve helped Texans save money by finding the right policies that fit their protection needs.
Freedom Insurance Group works with over 25 homeowners insurance brands at our insurance center. All of them are some of the most top-rated brands available, and because we have partnered with so many different companies, we have the benefit of finding you the best price for your coverage no matter the need.
Different insurance companies offer different premium rates due to their methods of gauging risk factors such as the age of your home, your claims history, and so on. We take the protection you need to protect your investment and save you money in the process. Our clients save an average of 40% on their premiums. If you are moving to Texas, use our online home insurance quote tool to see how much money you can save today on your protection.
Or, contact one of our agents. We’d love to show you the southern hospitality we show all of our clients and assist in any way possible!